Sunday, July 6, 2014

2014/03/26 Wednesday: Official Opening

The official opening of the American Burn Association annual conference was surprisingly moving.  There were bagpipes from the NYFD, and representatives from Boston.  It was beautiful when they performed the national anthem, and then I was a little surprised to immediately hear "Oh, Canada!"  They also payed tribute to the 1942 Cocoanut Grove fire, where nearly 500 died in a nightclub fire.  It was a turning point for fire safety and burn treatment in the US, and happened within walking distance of the conference.


I only grumbled a little bit when Nick's faulty GPS signal sent me walking, and walking, and walking to find "Ned Divine's", which was reported to have the best New England Clam Chowder in Boston, which after tasting, I am not convinced of.  The meal was good, but the chowder was pretty standard.  I am in no way regretting my decision to bring my overly large and fluffy winter coat.  It has been so cold and incredibly windy, and that's coming from someone who lives in Chicago.  Our only regret was eating mediocre cannoli at the bakery downstairs.  We were going to go to Maria's, a place famous for delicious filled-to-order cannoli, but as we were approaching the store, the lights turned out and they locked the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I'm desperate for the attention.