Friday, June 22, 2012

Wednesday 6/6/12: Myrtle Beach


Myrtle Beach was fun because I was with Nick.  But had I really known what I was getting into, I would have scratched it and spent another day on Hilton Head.  It seems to be just mile after mile of beach side motels and tourist shops.
We were going to go to Myrtle Beach state park, but as we entered the park it started to pour, so we looked around from the car and headed back into town.

We went miniature golfing, I believe for the first time every together.  I feel that was a glaring hole in our relationship that has now been mended.
The funnest thing we did was see "Pirates Voyage," which I would describe as Medieval Times for Pirates.  You cheer for a pirate team and are served dinner while watching various pirate-themed variety acts, which in some ways reminded me of Festival of the Lion King.  It definitely has a theme-park feel to it.  I was getting homesick for my kids and was really sad Henry wasn't there enjoying it with us.  But then there was a little scary part that I knew would make him wig out, so I enjoyed the rest of the show more knowing he wouldn't have loved it.  The theater is owned by Dolly Parton and she wrote the show.  Much of the music is forgettable, but the mermaid song was so beautiful.  I wanted to hear it again, but I don't think you can buy it. The song is a warning to not love sailors because "Sailors sail away."


That afternoon/evening we enjoyed our beautiful drive back to the Raleigh-Durham area for our flight out the next morning.  Even bend in the road revealed a new scene that could be a calendar cover.
  We got to visit our friends  from St Louis, Kevin and Chelsey.  They let us come visit on an evening that was hectic for them as they worked on a special project.  But it was so fun to see them, and instantly remember how fun and funny they are.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I'm desperate for the attention.