Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday 06/04/12: Bird Watching in Hilton Head

 After waking early to watch a cloudy and rather disappointing sunrise, we took a nap and went to Pickney Island Wildlife reserve.  Once there, we had to wait in the car for a while for the heavy rain to stop.  The saddest part about the rain is I left my camera in the car because it's not water resistant.  We saw lot of great scenery and beautiful birds, and iPhone pictures do not do them justice.
We stopped at a grocery store for fruit and water.  I think that package of dates was a highlight for Nick.  I had no idea how much he liked them.

We had a late lunch/early dinner at this pub.  It was "meh."
But then we went swimming in the ocean again, which was fabulous.  Hilton Head reminded me a lot of being in Hawaii, but without the crazy prices.  It could be that we just lucked out with fantastic weather and the last week of the off-season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I'm desperate for the attention.