Friday, June 22, 2012

Thursday 06/07/2012: Saying Goodbye

Nick dropped me off at the airport early in the morning.  I was going back to Salt Lake to get the kids.  He headed home to Chicago. It was the easiest time I've had in airport security in years.  No dog, no toddler, no diaper bag, no baby food, no baby.
 His flight wasn't until the afternoon, so he headed over to Raleigh's capitol building.  When in the capital city, always stop by the capitol building.

There was a medical emergency on my flight from Raleigh to Denver.  It was serious.  It seemed to have a good outcome- the guy looked like death but was able to feebly walk off the plane to a waiting ambulance.  It may have been a pneumothorax, (collapsed lung).  The patient, about 30,  was sitting in the row in front of me when he lost consciousness.  A nurse was sitting directly across the aisle from him and a doctor was just a couple rows away, so my nursing skills weren't needed.  I was a little relieved, but sad that I wasn't more help.  I did help calm and reassure the five children aged 7 to 11 that I was sitting by.  The little boys kept saying "he's dead, isn't he?" which probably wasn't helping the guy's nearly-panicking wife.

I was so happy to see my kids.  Henry was very casual about my return, as if he bumped into someone he sees all the time.  Georgia was a little more excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I'm desperate for the attention.