Thursday, January 16, 2014

2013/12/07 Saturday: Party Day

Amy and I took the kids to the ward Christmas breakfast.  The hot chocolate was spiced, I am told it was Mexican hot chocolate.  I thought it tasted like someone was trying to poison me.  
After the closing prayer, Santa came for a visit.  Amy, the baby whisperer/Mary Poppins, convinced Gigi to go see Santa and tell him what she wanted for Christmas.  When Gigi got off Santa's lap, she asked Amy "Where's my Ariel [doll]?"  Apparently Gigi thought it was an instant request/fulfillment deal.
In the evening, I went to Nick's work party, without Nick.  I wore a nice dress, had Amy do my hair, and went for a night on the town by myself.  I like Nick's co-workers and enjoy the chance of spending a nice evening with them and their spouses, even if Nick is on call at Northwestern.  Another spouse came without her doctor husband, but she also brought a friend as a date.  I totally should have done that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I'm desperate for the attention.