Tuesday, January 14, 2014

2013/11/20 Wednesday: Wicked Awesome


I had put Amy and myself on the cancellation list for the Village excursion to see Wicked downtown.  The night before the show, we got a call saying two tickets were available.  We said yes first, and the later sorted out the babysitting issues.  We were the youngest people on the old-folks bus (except a granddaughter someone brought that was about ten), but it was super convenient to be shuttled downtown and dropped off and picked up right in front of the theater.  I did find the tour guide a little unnecessary.  I know how to get back onto a bus by myself.

I was excited to finally see Wicked.  When I found out we were moving to Chicago I told Nick, "I'll finally get to see Wicked!"  I had seen a giant posted for it every time I was ever at the St Louis airport.  My mom and sisters had talked about how great it was.  And then it closed right before we moved, so it took me more than three years to finally see it.  It was good, but I don't get why it has a cult following.  It has all these "big surprises" but the foreshadowing is so heavy nothing was surprising.  And it has something of a plot/motivational hole that drove me crazy.  This was a first rate production, but there's lots of other shows I'd choose to see again ahead of this one.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I'm desperate for the attention.