Wednesday, July 10, 2013

2013/06/15 Saturday: The Smith Party

Dallas and his family arrived Friday night.  I think 11 people under our roof (including ourselves) is the new record.  The previous record was when the Rose clan visited two years ago and there were ten.

For some inexplicable reason, Dallas thought we needed a bidet.  He bought one off Amazon, had it shipped to the house, and spent his first morning here installing it.  Because of our 1948 plumbing, they had to make some sort of adapter to get around a pipe using multiple pieces.  The adapter ended up costing as much as the bidet.  According to Dallas, it's still worth it.  There was also a trip to Harbor Freight for solar yard lighting, and several "free with coupon" measuring tapes.

The annual residency graduation dinner was tonight, so Gigi and I went to Mandi's.  Gigi had her bangs trimmed and I had my hair styled for the evening.



Mandi always does such a great job on my hair, and I never get a good picture.
 
The dinner was great (especially the mushroom risotto), wonderful things were said about the graduating chiefs, and it ended with a public proposal of marriage to a graduate.  They served steak tartare, which is gross, and Nick made me take a bite.  And Thanks to Dallas and Shannon for watching the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I'm desperate for the attention.