Monday, June 24, 2013

2013/05/24 Friday: Camping at the Dunes



We went camping with our congragations annual outing.  I did the packing.  In my defense, I have only been camping in the summer.  You would think Memorial Day would count as summer, but no, not in Chicago.  The low was 40, and it was humid which made it feel even colder.  I was under the impression inside a tent would be slightly warmer than outside, but I was wrong.  Gigi would not lay down in a sleeping bag.  We eventually put her coat on her and had to trust she'd live until morning.  I was cold, all night.  I can't remember having such a miserable night.  It was so cold, Caesar slept all the way under blankets, and he has a fur coat on.  The kids loved it.  We will be buying some better equipment before we take another similar trip.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. i've been waiting for more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just yesterday Grace starting talking about our last camping trip which happened to be with you. She said that she's not sure she likes camping anymore. We suggested camping when its not pouring buckets of water might make it more pleasurable. I think we will now also add that camping when you are sufficiently warm to the list too.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I'm desperate for the attention.