Friday, March 29, 2013

2013/02/06 Wednesday: Wrapping Things Up


Today was our final day in Hawaii.  We crossed things off our to-do list, including going to the Polynesian Cultural Center to do some souvenir shopping.  Both the kids got new sunglasses, even though we won't need them in Chicago for a while. 
We are frantically packing, cleaning up and playing.
Remember how Nick lost his snorkeling mask in the ocean?  I did the exact same thing!  I was sure it would be okay because the water was calmer and I didn't have the snorkel on (so it would have less drag).  But a rogue wave came and slammed me to the ground and stole the mask off my face.  As I was being pounded into the sand, the thoughts that ran through my mind were, "My mask! My mask! I might drown. But my mask! My mask!"  At least I lost it on the last day of the trip.  It was prescription and really made all the diving much more enjoyable.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I'm desperate for the attention.