Monday, March 25, 2013

2013/02/03 Sunday: A Lesson of Gratitude

Members of the Hauula Primary and my sister Liz.

There is something magical about my parents.  They get to know people wherever they go, and I think they make people love them.  We spent one month as part of the Hauula Fifth, but they gave us a send-off as if we had been there for years.  After sacrament meeting, they sang "Aloha Oi" and placed lei after lei around all of our necks.  There were shell leis, candy leis, silk leis, nut leis, and more.  I have never been so over-thanked in my life.  And there is no way I could repay such kindness.  But I can pay it forward.  Using Hauula as a lesson in gratitude, I can be more grateful for those around me and show it more readily.  They were so generous too, and I can try to be more like them in that way also.

Toots and my mom in their Tongan dresses, a gift from a woman in the ward.  Jo Ellen had inquired where they might buy some like the one she was wearing, and the answer was you have to have them made in Tonga, but then she gave them two of her own dresses out of her closet.  See what I mean be generous?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I'm desperate for the attention.