Sunday, October 21, 2012

2012/10/14 Sunday: Birthday Cakes are Second Rate


Who in their right mind would choose a birthday cake when they could have homemade cream puffs?  No one.

I am so lucky this year for my birthday.  After saying goodbye to my dad in the wee hours of the morning, I got to have some of my favorite people over for dessert, and they even brought the dessert.  Nate would open his own pastry shop, but he's too busy performing surgery on children.  As a result, very few of you will get to experience the joy that eating one of his ganache covered creations is.  Nate & Sarah were our neighbors and friends in St Louis, but now live much farther away.  It's our good fortune they have family in the area to bring them close every once in a while.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I'm desperate for the attention.