Sunday, May 12, 2013

2014/04/24 Wednesday: Steak Dinner at a Price


After a day of conference, Nick and I went to a very fancy steak dinner.  It was paid for by a drug company that manufacturers a wound care product.  So the dinner is free, but you have to eat it while looking at a power point slide of horrible wound pictures.  In reality, the product and case studies were really interesting, but the waitress was shocked that we could eat while watching it all.  We went to a drug-dinner last night for IV acetaminophen.  The drug was interesting, largely because it seems so unneeded   However, that meal was pretty terrible.  We talked with some nice local nurse practitioners that do wound care for diabetics, but it was kind of like a dinner date since no one else sat at our table.  I was not there as a doctor's wife since the government doesn't allow that anymore.  I was there as Kara, RN.  I even had to register with my license number.

I attended several presentations at the conference today that were very interesting.  A couple seemed interesting, but I didn't have the niche scientific background required to understand them.  And there were a couple of others that the presenter had such a thick accent I had no idea what they were saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I'm desperate for the attention.