Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Friday 5/4/2012: To the Victor, the Spoils

Victory for Nick's Residency program came with a small glass trophy
 
My mom got here late last night. We took a guided tour of a section of downtown.  It ended up being a little too hippie for our taste, though I did learn & see a few new things. 
We ran into a member of our ward downtown (What are the chances??) and offered her a ride home.  This woman happens to have a service dog, which sat next to Gigi in the van.  This is how we discovered Gigi is terrified of Golden Retrievers.
My mom watched the kids as Nick and I went to the American College of Surgeons dinner and resident Jeopardy.  Nick's hospital won handily.  Some of the other teams should be ashamed of their performances (cough, cough, Loyola, cough University of Chicago cough).  Even though Nick was not on the three-person team, we still felt like part of the victory.  Also, the Jeopardy questions showed me that I know nothing about surgery.  Out of four rounds,  I think I got three questions right. 
I had one of my favorite desserts ever.  Imagine a rich, smooth chocolate mousse, topped with whipped cream and accompanied by a fudge covered Oreo. 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Leave a comment. I'm desperate for the attention.