Monday, August 29, 2011

Sunday 8/28/11: Miss Skeletor & Dr Nick

H, G, Linette and I visited Nick at Mt Sinai. The most exciting part
was finding out Nick had recovered the stethoscope I used when I
worked as an RN. Nick used it until it went missing in December and he
got a replacement as his Christmas gift. But recently he saw the head
of anesthesiology examining a patient with it. It's a very uncommon
stethoscope so it was easy to spot, and it has my name engraved on it.
It's so exciting to find it since I had completely given up on it.

2 comments:

  1. what was the dude who had it's explanation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that guy had just picked it up out of the anesthesiology office or something. It's probably been used all over the hospital since it wandered off- I don't think anyone set out to steal it, but someone probably borrowed it "for just a minute" and it began its long journey. If anyone had meant to steal it, they would have cut the name tag off of it.
    Nick didn't ask for an explanation. He saw who had it and later went and got it from their group office where it was hanging up, telling them it was his stethoscope. I'm guessing a lot of people have used it in the last months when they couldn't find their own stethoscope.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. I'm desperate for the attention.