Wednesday, October 9, 2013

2013/09/04 Wednesday: Memory Mistakes


We had a busy day with friends over.  And then I watched my friend's little boy for the afternoon. I'm going to use that as my excuse. My friend had just picked up her little boy and I was playing outside with the kids when I saw the sister missionaries park across the street and get out of the car.  Before the thought of "What are they doing here?" was complete, I remembered I had invited them over for dinner.  I had nothing started for dinner, and due to the afternoons activities, had postponed grocery shopping until tomorrow.  They had even called 48 hours before to confirm, and still somehow it had totally slipped my mind.  They only have a one hour window in which to eat dinner, so we needed to move quickly.  By the time they crossed the street, I had a plan, "Sisters, do you like Chipotle?  Let me tell my husband you're here and we will go."  Nick was home post-call, but was up and working at the computer.  I quickly brought him up to speed and we hopped in the car.  Dinner at Chipotle was lovely, and the kids only spilled my full cup of soda twice.
These sisters were really sharp, well spoken women.  One is in Chicago just while she waits for a visa to serve in Brazil, and has been waiting six months.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I'm desperate for the attention.