Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Wednesday 03/28/12: He Turned 3



I was a birthday, but probably not the best birthday ever.  In the afternoon when Henry said to me, "I want my birthday.  Who's coming over?" I realized I'd made a huge mistake by not having a birthday party for him.  I'd wanted to, but with our recent travels and having illness in the house (I was actually pretty sick for several days), a real birthday party just wasn't happening.  To make matters worse, we had been to two terrific birthday parties in the two weeks before his birthday, so I can see why he would have super high expectations.

We did do some fun stuff though.  Nick was post-call, and had been later than usual because of a conference (his poster had been a big stressor on all of us.)  When he woke up, we headed over to the mall to do Henry's favorite things.  Henry had a very specific plan to buy an [Annie's] pretzel and ride Thomas.  We also got him an ice cream cone at Baskin Robbins and picked out a toy at the $5 store.  We ate dinner at the food court, then came home for candles and cake.  I had planned on making him a cool train cake, but circumstances being what they were we settled for a carrot cake from Aldi.

Happy Birthday Henry!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. I'm desperate for the attention.